1) What is the right chanel to make reports?

Telephone (09 745 4000) Come down to the office (Customer Service Counter) Letter Fax (09 4786026) E-mail (khairul[at] Website (

2) What is City Tax?

City Tax is a tax imposed on possessions found within the administration area of MPKB-BRI such as :

A) Housing
B) Trade and Industrial Building

3) How long  the payment period for city tax?

1. January until  28(29) February
2. For  second 1/2 of the year from 1 July until 31 August;

4) What should I do if I cannot afford to pay all of the arrears?

If full payment cannot be made, in some cases, arrangement can be made for instalment payment.

5) Are all Local Authorities in Malaysia under the purview of the Federal Housing and Local Government Ministry?

All Local Authorities fall under the purview of their respective State Governments. The Federal Housing and Local Government Ministry supervises Local Authorities with regard to uniformity of policies and legislation, provides guidance and technical advice, and channels funds allocated by the Federal Government.

6) How can I lodge an official complaint regarding issues or problems I may face within the jurisdiction of the Local Authority?

All complaints can be forwarded directly to the Local Authority or the Federal Housing and Local Government Ministry.

7) Is bulk waste (used mattress, old furniture etc.) collected with the same frequency as normal waste?

Bulk waste is only collected once a week.

8) If the responsible parties do not fulfill their duties like waste collection, what can I do?

You can lodge a complaint with the Local Authority closest to you, and they will ensure the appropriate action is swiftly taken.

***For any further question email to